· Provides overall database architecture, design, installation, configuration, technical support and maintenance of the ORACLE databases.
· Responsible for providing application support for Query Optimization, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes etc. for multiple development applications.
· Functions as a subject-matter expert, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data backup and recovery and formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
· Maintains error and system maintenance logs, administers replication and log shipping for large databases and issues reports on a regular basis.
· Monitors databases for optimal performance and establishes and monitors best practices, policies and procedures.
· Monitors ORACLE server activities on a proactive basis and makes adjustments as necessary to assure continued performance.
· Administers user accounts and monitors security requirements of the database.
· Develops database security standards compatible with efficient user operation and system security requirements.
· Ensures the on-going operation of databases and related applications by developing, testing and implementing appropriate back-up and recovery procedures, conducting periodic tuning of the databases, capturing and reporting database usage statistics as required, regularly monitoring space usage, allocating disk space and providing technical support as needed.
· Coordinates troubleshooting activities with support organizations of application engineers to resolve production configuration issues, to maximize platform performance, and to proactively assess platform configuration and standards.
· Plans, executes, and documents migration activities for software version updates and service pack installations.
· Evaluates additional software tools as needed to improve operational efficiency in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Must have expertise in identifying database performance (optimizing ORACLE queries) and scalability bottlenecks - both recommending and coding solutions is a must.
· Expert understanding of the Oracle database architecture, database administration and security.
· Deep understanding of relational ORACLE development - writing stored procedures, functions & triggers.
· Capable of working independently and self-guiding work schedules to meet customer needs.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the organization